Tel: +1 800-282-9796
615 EAST HOUSTON, 78205
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR USED ENGINE LONG BLOCKS & TRANSMISSIONS
Buyer or Customer : The one who makes the payment by cash or by his personal or his business credit or debit card with his name on it or by his personal or business check whose name and / or business he represents appears on our sales Invoice.
Carrier or Transporter : The shipping company, truck, trailer or be it any vehicle that transports the sold item to be delivered to the customer.
Re-stocking or Cancellation fee : Fee charged by us for cancellation of sale.
We, Our, Seller : Junkyard Jungle, LLC.
Clause or Section: Text or sections or sub-sections or text that is an integral part of this warranty.
Shipping delivery notice : A document presented by the carrier or transporter for the customer to sign as proof delivery or acceptance.
Item / Items : Item sold indicated on the Sales Invoice that may be an Engine or transmission.
Freight Terminal : Office, warehouse, dock or legal address of the carrier, transporter
or shipping company.
Parties, us : Junkyard Jungle, LLC & customer on our sales invoice.
Contract or Agreement: refers to this warranty document.
Replacement : Exchange of item sold with another one in used and working condition.
Working condition : Used engine or transmission in running or working condition if it passes our testing & inspection procedure.
What we sell : We sell used Engines, Used Engine long blocks & Transmissions in working condition. Long-block means just bare block with cylinder head without any attached external components or accessories like intake and exhaust manifolds
(Emission Devices), throttle body, injectors, alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor etc. All engines include valve cover, timing cover and oil pan unless specified. In case of a transmission, flywheel, torque converters, clutch assembly, sensors, solenoids, cables, switches, shift-linkage, external seals, solenoids, plugs, flex plate etc are not included. All engines are sold as long blocks only. Any external parts are left for the convenience of the installer only. If engine is shipped with such accessories it will not be covered by our warranty. Add-on accessories are specifically excluded from the warranty offered herein. We test and inspect all our Engines and Transmissions on the basis of our expertise and use our discretion to determine if they are in good working condition and based on the outcome of our testing and inspection procedure.
CUSTOMER'S OBLIGATIONS, MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
The Engine or Transmission must be installed within 30 days of receipt or all warranties are void.
ENGINE TUNE-UP & MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE (Failure to follow this will void warranty)
ALWAYS - Replace New Tune-up parts before installation according to the following list:
FAILURE TO INSTALL FOLLOWING COMPONENTS BEFORE INSTALLATION OF OUR ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION
& BEFORE EVEN STARTING YOUR VEHICLE AFTER INSTALLATION FOR THE FIRST TIME WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
FLUSH THE HEATER CORE BEFORE INSTALLING OUR ENGINE BECAUSE OUR WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER FOR OVERHEATING.
1. Must be installed & serviced by a qualified technician with reasonable experience at certified Repair shop. If not installed at a Repair shop, we will require proof of minimum 3 years "hands-on" experience as a "Master Mechanic"
Fill Torque Convertor with oil and apply oil on the seal behind the Torque Convertor before installing in the transmission.
2. Set ignition and timing to specifications as recommended by manufacturer.
3. Replace Knock Sensor and Distributor from your old engine.
4. Replace crank angle sensor if our engine does not have it by transferring the Oil pump from your old engine onto our Japanese engine (if needed).
5. Replace cam sensor while changing the time belt by sliding it over cam tower if our engine does not have it.
6. Re-torque cylinder head bolts to manufacturer's specification.
7. Check cooling system: Rod-out service on the radiator is compulsory also change Water-Hoses. Flow-Check the radiator or replace radiator if required, don't just flush. Fill with new coolant. If your engine has an external oil cooler it must be flushed.
8. If the vehicle has thermo-sensor, it must be replaced from your old engine.
9. Due to minor variations in some engine models, customer will be sometimes required to make minor adjustments to oil pan, timing cover, EGR valve, oil pick up tube, dipstick, flywheel, clutch assembly, distributor, oil pump etc.
10. Check & adjust valve clearance.
11. Check engine oil every 500 miles for first 6000 miles after installation. Clean oil pan& reseal it before installation. Clean oil pick up tube passage. Replace oil pump if required.
12. Check your electrical system before installing our engine to see if it sends the signal and indicates if the engine is overheats on the Odometer.
TRANSMISSION TUNE-UP & MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE :
Â· Always drain old transmission fluid and add only GENUINE Transmission fluid recommended by the manufacturer. Use HONDA Transmission Fluid for all Honda Transmissions and manufacturer recommended fluid for other Makes.
Â· Check fluid level in the differential and fill it with new fluid if required before starting the vehicle. The kind of fluid & its level must be according to manufacturer's recommendation.
Â· All 4wd (four wheel drive) transfer cases must be filled with fluid as recommended by the manufacturer.
Â· Always flush transmission cooler & lines and fill with new transmission fluid before installing it. Transmission oil cooler must be rodded out or replaced. If yours doesn't have oil cooler use the car radiator. In this case Radiator must be rodded out or replace NEW auxiliary transmission oil cooler. All V6, V8 and Mitsubishi transmissions must be installed with auxiliary (new external) transmission cooler. Replace cooler on all other models if required as it is not covered under warranty.
Â· Must use neutral safety switch from your old transmission. Adjust throttle position sensor cable. Replace throw out bearing & pilot bushing on manual transmission.
Â· Must use all external sensors, solenoids and plugs from your old transmission. If there is a shifting issue you must replace new external solenoids, sensors and/or plugs.
Â· Must use New Torque Convertor seal & CV joint seal.
Â· Must use New Transmission filter if your transmission has one.
Â· Must use New External seals, input and output shaft seals and Axle seals.
Â· Must use New Clutch plate assembly for all Manual / Standard transmissions.
13. The contents of our website www.junkyardjungle.com, information and data regarding engines and transmissions are compiled from the information available from various sources available and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
14. Shipping & notification on delivery notice: We ship only to a business address in a commercial zone. We do not ship to military bases & home businesses in residential areas. Shipment will be delivered between 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM at the business address indicated by the customer. Customer will be charged $25 each time the carrier fails to deliver the item if they do not find anyone to receive it at the location. We will charge this amount only if the carrier bills us. If item is shipped to a freight terminal of the shipping company, customer must pick it up within 48 hours. If the shipping carrier bills us for any extra fee apart from actual freight concerning customer's shipment, we will charge customer the same amount billed. It is customers responsibility to inspect the item at the time of delivery for damages, discrepancies or incorrect (not as ordered) item shipped which must be explicitly mentioned on the delivery notice, failing to do so will invalidate all claims pertaining to damages, discrepancies or item not as ordered explained above, which were not informed on the delivery notice. In short all claims that are not concerned with functionality of an engine or transmission must be made before installation and must be mentioned on delivery notice. It is customer's obligation to prove physical damage to support his claim. He must send us pictures and mention in detail about the damage on shipping delivery notice of the shipping company. Failure to do so customer will be charged for extra back & forth shipment charged by the shipping company.
Product Warranty Terms:
Used Engines : come with a 12 month/ Unlimited Mileage Parts Product Warranty.
Used Transmissions : come with a 12 month/ Unlimited Mileage Parts Product Warranty.
Product Warranty Covered Components
Engine: The following components of gasoline or diesel engines: piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters and rocker arm shafts. The engine block and cylinder heads are covered only if damaged by a Covered Component.
Transmissions: The following components of Automatic or Manual Transmissions: Torque Converter, Oil pump, Governor, Drums, Planetaries, Sun Gear & Shell, Sprags, Shafts, Bearings, Shift Rails, Forks, Synchronizers